Bowker are renowned specialists in the handling, storage and transportation of packaged dangerous goods and enjoy an unparalleled reputation within the global chemical industry as a 'safe pair of hands' and also with regulatory bodies for being a responsible and compliant operator.
Our vehicles are fully equipped to carry dangerous goods and our drivers trained beyond statutory requirements to ensure goods are carried safely and securely.
In addition to Upper/Lower Tier COMAH warehousing, our suitably equipped sites provide cross-docking facilities for onward deliveries throughout the UK and Europe.
As members of the Chemical Business Association, Bowker follow the Guiding Principles of Responsible Care to ensure the safety, security and integrity of the chemical supply chain under their control. The Company's efforts in this global initiative have been recognised on several occasions when they have received the following awards;
- Responsible Care Logistics Company Award 2008
- Overall Responsible Care Award 2008
- Responsible Care Logistics Company Award 2012
- Responsible Care Logistics Company Award 2014
- Overall Responsible Care Award 2014
Dangerous goods highlights
- Specialist Carrier - Classes 2-9
- Upper/Lower Tier COMAH Storage Facilities at Preston
- Full Time Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser
- Temperature Controlled Facilities
- Dedicated Compliance Management Team
- All Drivers ADR Trained
- Vehicles Equipped to Carry ADR Goods
- Full Level 3 Emergency Response Cover