This policy applies to all W H Bowker Ltd and W H Bowker International Ltd, (the Company), Regional Distribution Centres and Logistic Services that include warehousing and transport operations within Great Britain.
The Company is committed to operating in a manner that reduces our environmental impact and results in lower operating costs.
It is the responsibility of the Directors to ensure this Policy is communicated to all persons in the organisation and other identified interested parties.
This will be achieved through our commitment to:
• Complying with all relevant environmental legislation.
• Reviewing the actual and potential environmental impacts of all activities, including those affecting local communities.
• Employing best practice to prevent pollution, minimise waste and maximise the efficient use of resources (materials, fuel and energy).
• Engaging in dialogue with key suppliers to promote the development of environmental best practice.
• Involving employees in our environmental programmes to enable them to discharge their responsibilities.
• Identifying and managing key risks and having arrangements in place to respond to foreseeable incidents and emergencies.
All employees have a responsibility to help meet the requirements of the above policy, and are invited to contribute ideas for better practice.
This Policy shall be reviewed annually and updated as necessary and will be brought to the attention of all employees and other interested parties.
Document Reference Number: 3
Revision number: 4
Authority date: 23/01/2023